« Friday Gumpagraph | Main | Today's Bush Joke »

May 13, 2007

Hiatus

I've been blogging here at PastPeak almost every day for three years, during which time the site's had 7.5 million hits, but lately I'm feeling like Sisyphus, condemned every day to push a boulder up a hill only to have it roll back down again. Time for a breather.

So I'm going to take a month off and see if that recharges my batteries. Come back and see us on June 13. Thanks!

Posted by Jonathan at May 13, 2007 06:37 PM  del.icio.us digg NewsVine Reddit YahooMyWeb

Comments

Have a good break - a shame for us, but sounds like you need it! A lot can happen in politics in a month though...

Posted by: Jason at May 14, 2007 06:09 AM

A break for you is understandable but I will miss your posts. Will wait with much anticipation for your return and hope you will be able to keep up the good work

Posted by: Malcolm at May 14, 2007 01:11 PM

Good for you...I have enjoyed your commentaries and right-on information and also the pics...Enjoy your break! Thank you and I'll check back!

Posted by: Linn at May 14, 2007 02:03 PM

Have a great time Jonathan, enjoy the spring! Hope you can get out and about while you're away. I know I'll check back 'most every day just out of habit til you return...
Cedar

Posted by: ivieee at May 15, 2007 12:47 AM

Enjoy your break - I'm know where you're coming from mate...

Posted by: Big Gav at May 15, 2007 06:40 AM

Hey Jon - Good for you for taking a break. I'm thinking that Jon Stewart takes 13 weeks break a year. No reason why you couldn't break when you need or want too - more often really. Your readership will come back - as its supposed to happen. Its a synergy thing, your blog has a life of its own. Your commitment and hard work has paid off for all of us in ways that cannot be measured. Thank you Jon for all your help and caring.
With Love and gratitude. Kathy

Posted by: kathy (nan) at May 15, 2007 10:32 AM

Thanks, everyone, and thanks to all who emailed as well. It means a lot to me, it really does.

Now I know I said I wasn't going to post anything, but this is just too cool to pass up: http://scienceblogs.com/omnibrain/2007/05/best_visual_illusion_of_the_ye_2.php

Amazing.

Posted by: Jonathan at May 15, 2007 02:55 PM

Re take a break: Been there, done that. I know how you feel. Do what you need to do.

Re 7.5 million hits: Label me jealous. :-)

Posted by: LarryE at May 16, 2007 03:02 AM

Jonathan,
Wow, Three Years! You do deserve a break. I will sorely miss the daily Gumpagraphs and I will be a lot less informed this month but have fun and I'll see ya when you get back.

Posted by: Charyn at May 16, 2007 11:01 AM

Thanks for all the good jokes and photos.

No need to apologize for taking a much deserved break.

You don't owe the world the work that you have given it out of your own goodness. And you don't owe the world a post every day. Kudos on all your good works thus far. We hope you come back one day.

Posted by: step back at May 22, 2007 07:05 PM

Much deserved hiatus. You give so much in your blogs and photos. We'll be here when you return.

Wow, I just saw the 7.5 million hits. Woo hoo! Yea!!!!

Posted by: Lane_in_PA at May 23, 2007 05:12 PM

I love this spot. . . I am on haitus, too. I'm a teacher. You can't give everything 52 weeks a year. You will be an empty shell and of use only to those who collect empty shells. To be an inspiration - as you are - you have to go back to the sea. Often.
Your audience understands this. The System doesn't. It is carnivorous.
It is by saving ourselves that we will save eachother.
EVERYONE!. . . back to the sea and remember who you are.

Posted by: newmexjen at May 29, 2007 01:17 PM

You are missed and will be a welcome part of our lives again soon.

Posted by: at June 1, 2007 12:39 PM

One more day! Hope you are well rested Jonathan.

Posted by: Charyn at June 12, 2007 10:36 AM

Looking forward to your return this week!

Posted by: aquaken at June 13, 2007 12:14 AM

Counting the hours now, pastpeak is the first page I read each day, I'm missing the insight, missing the humour and missing the exceptional photography ! tick tick... :o)

Posted by: Jim at June 13, 2007 04:39 AM