« Bush At Stanford | Main | Today's Bush Joke »

July 12, 2006

Friends In High Places Politics

President Bush and Laura Bush Former President Bush and Barbara Bush today attended the star-studded Houston funeral of Ken Lay. But here's a question. Ken Lay made his fortune by fooling the world into believing in a mirage. He had connections in high places like nobody else. A lot of people, from Bush on down, owed him favors.

So why do we believe he's dead and not retired to some Caribbean isle? He's staring at 20 years jail time and then, poof, he's gone. No open casket. The remains cremated. Convenient. Pure speculation? Of course. But tell me you're not wondering.

In related news, Enron witness found dead in park. Tidying up.

Posted by Jonathan at July 12, 2006 11:14 PM  del.icio.us digg NewsVine Reddit YahooMyWeb

Comments

1st, it is sad that we as people are so willing to distrust. But when corporation and govenments have a history of lying to citizens, the impulse to distrust becomes stronger.

Now, why not have it be a suicide? If one believes in rather powerful people and they would reach out and touch your kids/grandkids, would Mr. Lay have opted to take some pills to 'end the threat'? Not to mention, under Texas law, he's now an 'innocent' man.

Posted by: eric blair at July 13, 2006 08:45 AM

The fact that Bush showed up for Lay's funeral absolutely infuriates me. He represents this county, he has not attended one funeral for a soldier killed in Iraq and yet he goes to Lay's funeral. Why more people aren't speaking out is beyond me!

Posted by: Charyn at July 13, 2006 09:52 AM

The fact that Bush showed up for Lay's funeral absolutely infuriates me.

Unlike the 'met at George Shultz' thing (which I did hear in MSM - just not the REASON....I had heard nothing about Mr. Bush going to Kenny-Boy's funeral.

Till I saw it here. It is just another data point as to why one should be questioning the 'leadership'. But, alas, not enough for me to consider outrage. There are too many other things to be outraged about.

Posted by: eric blair at July 13, 2006 12:02 PM

Ummm...W did not attend the funeral; neither did Laura. Father George H.W. Bush and mother Barbara did.

Posted by: Bob at July 13, 2006 12:09 PM

Oh dear, I suppose I should listen more carefully to the news. Sorry.

Posted by: charyn at July 13, 2006 01:00 PM

Oops. My bad.

Posted by: Jonathan at July 13, 2006 11:55 PM

Jonathan, perhaps we heard the same news show. I was fuming about that all day and really now that I know that it was the former and not the current I"m still angry. It's just wrong, I dont' care that he is no longer in office former presidents hold an honorary place in American society hence the use of Mr. President after they leave office.

Posted by: Charyn at July 14, 2006 10:43 AM