« Tuesday Gumpagraph | Main | Justice As Fairness »

May 23, 2006

Jessie Macbeth Iraq

Last night, I posted a link to a video interview with Jessie Macbeth, regarding atrocities he says he participated in while serving in Iraq. It appears, however, that there are a number of reasons to question his veracity, so I've pulled the post. I should have been more skeptical. My apologies.

[Thanks, Jason]

Posted by Jonathan at May 23, 2006 11:09 AM  del.icio.us digg NewsVine Reddit YahooMyWeb

Comments

You have no reason to NOT believe the events he's made claims about CAN NOT happen. If American soldiers and elected officials had a history of following the law, and even AGGRESSIVLY go after breakers of the laws when the breakers are acting under the cover of the government, then you'd have a reason to feel bad about posting the Macbeth link.

The nice thing about this medium is people like Jason who can go 'look here' and you can evaluate if Macbeth is on the square or not based on questions about his claims.

Posted by: eric blair at May 23, 2006 01:47 PM

The wikipedia article was written entirely today by one person. Personally I don't know if I would trust it either.

Posted by: Derek at May 23, 2006 02:11 PM

As an Iraqi Freedom veteran, all I can say is thank you for acknowledging your mistake. Stories about Iraq that seem too incredible to be true are often just that.

Posted by: SMASH [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 23, 2006 05:52 PM

this guy, jessie macbeth is a bitch

Posted by: at May 24, 2006 04:30 PM

if anyone that read or heard his statements and believed them deserves the retard stamp. it was beyond preposterous. i was in the army for 8 years and knew immediately that there's no such thing as a 22-year-old Special Forces soldier. too bad liberals will believe any negative story about a soldier.........but hey, "WE SUPPORT THE TROOPS!" ......yeah, like O.J. loved Nicole.......

Posted by: James at May 25, 2006 09:11 PM

Jessie is one of the biggest scum bags on the face of the planet. First to lie about being something that he is not a Special Forces Operator/ Army Ranger, that is bad enough. But than to lie about made up atrocities? To what end! This guy is a horrible person and I hope he meets an Army Ranger, in a dark alley...

Posted by: Seth at May 26, 2006 03:09 PM

I understand. I was sucked in, too.

But let's not forget the important part. A lot of people are dying in an illegal war, despite the video being fake.

Posted by: Mzot at May 27, 2006 02:06 PM

This video just personafies the whole anti-war movement... garbage. These people have no idea how to do research, they just regurgitate each other claims, and then claim the public is mislead.

Anyone who "killed about 200 people" would not talk about it... especially on camera.

This jackass was seperated in basic training for "failure to adapt"... he then went on to a mental hospital and has been in and out of jail several times.

Anyone with half a brain could have checked his story, but these clowns don't care if they tell the truth, becuase they would have nothing to say if they did.

In summary, if you were ever against abortion, look at this guy and you might change your stance.

Good day

Posted by: Redleg at May 27, 2006 04:50 PM

Apologize for spelling errors, I typed quickly and hit post too quickly

Posted by: Redleg42d at May 27, 2006 04:52 PM

What makes me nearly as angry as Mr. Macbeth's blatant BS is the fact that so many people are more than willing to believe it. I won't go so far as to say civilians haven't been killed. It does happen. BUT...not as a matter of seeking them out and committing mass executions. We're seeing that now, with the investigations into the Marines that killed civilians. They need to be jailed for life, that's the act of a murderer, not a Soldier or Marine. Jessie shames everyone, both pro and anti war.

Posted by: SFC D at May 28, 2006 02:11 PM